Taking shop: Engineer profiles
There’s nothing better than reading real stories about people who are already working as Engineers. Finding out how they got to where they are can make for inspiring reading.
Likewise, getting the lowdown on some of the major companies employing Engineers can give you a great advantage when it comes to career planning. These case studies will take you behind the scenes at some of the UK’s biggest engineering and industry players.
- Puja Kapoor – Mechanical Engineer
- Jenna Gaff – University of Edinburgh student, working on the Bloodhound SSC project
- Tanmay Dube – Team Manager for Team Bath Racing
- Eunice Cinnamon – Lean consultant with the Manufacturing Institute in Manchester
- Jonathan Fry – Mechanical Engineer at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California
- Prof Anthony Bull – Bioengineer, Imperial College London
- Mark Hunt – Senior engineer officer, Royal Air Force
- Ben Truman – Design Engineers, Goodrich
- Paul Cooper – High-speed train team, Hitachi
- Shingai Mutukwa – Senior Technical Officer, Network Rail
- Laura Doyles – Graduate Mechanical Engineer, Total E&P UK Ltd.
- Dr Scott Drawer – Research & Innovation, UK Sport
- Richard Cunliffe – Engineering student, Imperial College
- Tim Mindham – Nuclear fusion research, JET
- Mark Berrill – Senior Stress Engineer, Astrium
- Simon Jenkins – Research Engineer, BAE Systems
- Ruth Browning – Production Engineer, Robert Bosch SA
- Ian Robinson – Trainee Engineer, Network Rail
- Gillies Pagan – Product Design Engineer, Jaguar